Now that my sewing room is becoming more organized I am beginning to itch for more new gadgets. Enter the tailor's ham. I followed the great instructions at My Measuring Tape except that I didn't have hamster bedding or any other suitable wooden filler. Instead, I used a whole bunch of fabric remnants that I had. I gave my ham a cotton and a wool side (also remnants) and an interlining of a very plush jersey inside, to act as padding and to smooth out the bumpiness of the filling of fabric-bits. The surface is still a bit bumpy so I may yet have to run to the pet store... but I'll try it out a couple of times first to see how it performs.
|My self-made tailor's ham|
UPDATE: yup. I didn't like the bumpiness too much, so I bought some rabbit bedding and presto. My tailor's ham is so firm and a pleasure to use.